These little cups of golden delicious-ness are an easy option for busy families who need something quick in the mornings. Sweet and salty, they are great for breakfast, brunch or a simple snack on the go.
These prosciutto egg cups are high-protein and portable, and easy to make in advance so you can enjoy them all week. Eat them at your desk, in your car, or right out of the fridge with your hands (when no one’s looking 🙂 ). Best of all, they can be filled with any ingredients to suit your taste (add spinach, your favourite deli meat or seasonings). You can also adjust your cooking time to how you like your eggs (I like mine not too runny, but still soft in the middle).
There’s nothing better than a healthy and wholesome breakfast that not only tastes great, but also leaves you energized all morning. Mmm…
- Oil or cooking spray
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto (can be substituted with your favourite deli meat or omitted)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray muffin baking tray
- Slice Sweet potato thin with a mandaline
- Line each muffin tin with 2 peices of sweet potato
- Lay thin slice of prosciutto over the sweet potato
- Crack egg and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Bake on middle rack for approx. 15 minutes, or until the whites are firm and yolk is runny.
- Cool and enjoy!
*Recipe tip: make in advance as part of your weekly meal prep for a quick breakfast and easy snack full of protein!