Traditional bouillabaisse is a fabulous dish that requires many kinds of seafood and a lot of time to make. My quicker version delivers all the thrills of the original but uses only shrimp, plus fillet of sole and all the delicious flavours.
This recipe is easy on the wallet, but has all the makings of a gourmet dish. And you guessed it – it’s super low carb and low fat. Whether you’re on the hunt to impress guests or simply trying to change up your meal repertoire to include more fish and seafood into your diet, be sure to try this one out! Mmm…
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 basil leaves, torn
- 2 cups strained tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 lb raw fillet of sole
- any other seafood of choice (e.g., muscles, clams, crab)
- Heat coconut oil in a pot
- Add in onion and sautee until translucent
- Add in garlic and stir for a seconds until you can smell the aromatics, be careful not to burn the garlic
- Pour in the strained tomatoes, water and add torn basil leaves. Let simmer on low for 10 – 15 mins
- Place all desired fish and seafood in tomato brother mixture and let simmer for 7 – 10
- min, until shell of shrimp becomes bright pink.
- Serve in bowls with lots of the yummy broth and enjoy!