If you’ve been searching for a simple and delicious treat, look no further than these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are one of my favourite recipes on the site. They have it all: a thick and chewy texture paired with warm dark chocolate chips. Consider it love at first bite.
Another great perk of this sweet is they are naturally gluten free and paleo. You can also tailor them to your liking. Instead of almond butter, use your favorite nut butter like peanut butter or soy nut butter. You can also add in coconut, dried fruit or oat on top; the possibilities are endless!
- 1 Cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup dark vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper on cookie sheet
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in food processor and blend
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Measure 1 Tbs of mixture, form into a ball with your hands
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 8 – 9 min, middle rack
- Once out of oven, place on cooling rack for 5 – 10 min
I love Lara Bars, but the health food stores charge you a fortune. On the other hand, they are very easy to make and you can customize to your own tastes! Unfortunately, I can only use almonds because my middle son is allergic to all other tree nuts, such as walnuts and hazelnuts. But feel free to change it up for yourself, using any mixed nuts you like. Also, add different dried fruits like unsweetened cranberries, unsweetened dried blueberries, or dried apples. The possibilities are endless!
Below I have the recipe for my favourite flavour – Chocolate Coconut! Paleo and Whole30 approved! Mmm….
PS – Personally, I love to eat 2-3 of these for
that pre-workout energy boost!
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 4 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 Tbs unsweetened coco powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- Place almonds in food processor and blend.
- Add in dates, coco powder, coconut flakes and coconut oil – blend until well combined.
- With Tbs measure out and make into balls; makes approx. 45 Tbs size balls.
- These can be molded into any shape you like! Feel free to get creative – bars, balls, logs, etc.
- Make this recipe your own! Add in different nuts and dried fruits. The combinations are endless!