If you’re not into complicated recipes, or your schedule doesn’t allow it, then this Edamame Salad is a quick and easy solution.
This is a a power salad packed with sweet and salty Asian flavor, and also filled with vitamins, protein, and fibre. If you’re looking for a light vegetarian side for your lunch or dinner, or just a quick snack, this Edamame Salad is a total protein source that is guaranteed to fill you up without weighing you down! Mmm…
- 400gm edamame, peeled
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs everything bagel seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Serve chilled
Who doesn’t love eggs? This recipe is a hearty hash with eggs that will give you protein punch at any time of day. Whole eggs are cracked over the hash and baked in a skillet for a complete one pan meal.
And don’t get me started on the health benefits. If you are an athlete of any kind (and I mean running, walking, swimming, kickboxing…you name it), you need some healthy carbs to fuel your workouts. Sweet potatoes are a smart carbohydrate choice that also contain manganese, which aids in the metabolism of carbohydrates and can help level out blood sugar levels.
Brunch or dinner is served! Mmm…
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 1 Medium sweet potato, diced into 1inch cubes
- 10 small-sized brussel sprouts, roughly chopped
- 3 – 4 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto (omit for vegetarian option), chopped
- ¼ cup water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet and add onions, sauté for 1 – 2 min
- Add in sweet potato, sauté for 5 mins
- Stir in brussel sprouts
- Pour in water and cover skillet for 5 – 8 min to fully cook sweet potato and brussel sprouts
- Stir in cut up prosciutto slices
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Crack eggs on top, all around the hash mixture and cover, cook for 5 mins or until whites are firm and yolks are runny
- Serve and enjoy
These little cups of golden delicious-ness are an easy option for busy families who need something quick in the mornings. Sweet and salty, they are great for breakfast, brunch or a simple snack on the go.
These prosciutto egg cups are high-protein and portable, and easy to make in advance so you can enjoy them all week. Eat them at your desk, in your car, or right out of the fridge with your hands (when no one’s looking 🙂 ). Best of all, they can be filled with any ingredients to suit your taste (add spinach, your favourite deli meat or seasonings). You can also adjust your cooking time to how you like your eggs (I like mine not too runny, but still soft in the middle).
There’s nothing better than a healthy and wholesome breakfast that not only tastes great, but also leaves you energized all morning. Mmm…
- Oil or cooking spray
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto (can be substituted with your favourite deli meat or omitted)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray muffin baking tray
- Slice Sweet potato thin with a mandaline
- Line each muffin tin with 2 peices of sweet potato
- Lay thin slice of prosciutto over the sweet potato
- Crack egg and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Bake on middle rack for approx. 15 minutes, or until the whites are firm and yolk is runny.
- Cool and enjoy!
*Recipe tip: make in advance as part of your weekly meal prep for a quick breakfast and easy snack full of protein!
Who doesn’t love bagels, right? Check out this twist on the traditional bagel that will keep your paleo, gluten-free or keto diet on track. Despite being totally (white) flour-free, these Cauliflower Buns & Bagels are surprisingly light and fluffy. Enjoy them fresh out of the oven or slightly cooled. A sprinkling of dried onions, garlic sesame seeds (Everything Bagel Seasoning) on top also add a great taste and texture! Mmm…
- 6 cups shredded cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbs arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor until becomes a rice like consistency
- In a bowl add shredded cauliflower and remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly
- Measure 1/4 cup of cauliflower mixture in your hands and form into a ball
- Cauliflower Buns: shape into a ball and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with bagel seasoning mix
- Cauliflower Bagels: shape into a ball, flatten slightly and use your finger to poke a hole in the middle while shaping with your hands. Sprinkle with seasoning mix
- Place on baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper
- Each batch makes approx. 18 bagels
- Bake on 400 degree F for 30 min
- Cool and enjoy!
This rich and flavourful Sausage and Pepper dish will fill you up, feed a crowd, and keep your waistline slim at the same time. It’s an easy, hearty dinner (or lunch) that will make you feel like you came straight from an Italian deli.
This low-carb and paleo-friendly meal is finished in just 30 minutes! Best of all, it is made in one skillet/pot which makes the cleanup that much easier. It’s a perfect recipe any night of the week. Mmm…
- 8 sausages (turkey, chicken or pork)
- 1 Tbs oil (coconut or avocado)
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jar strained tomatoes (or 1 tin crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Fresh basil leaves (or substitute with 1 tsp dried basil)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Set Instant pot to sautee function add oil
- Once oil is heated, add sausages and brown on each side (3 mins per side)
- While sausages are browning, slice pepper and onions and dice garlic
- Once sausages are done browning, place slice vegetabes, seasonings and strained tomatoes on top of the sausages
- Cover Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 20 minutes
- When complete quick release
- Heat oil in skillet and brown sausages 3 min per side
- Transfer sausages to crock pop and add in remaining ingredients. Set to LOW 6 hrs or HIGH for 4 hours
- Heat oil in pot and brown sausages 3 min per side
- Add in all remaining ingredients, cover and simmer on low for 60 min
If you follow my Instagram account (shout out to @weightloss_princess82) , you may have heard the term “Dump Ranch” before and that is because I am obsessed with it. I dip vegetables and every kind of protein in it. I will also use it as my base for tuna and chicken salads.
If you stick to a Whole30 or paleo lifestyle, you can quickly grow tired of balsamic and vinegar as your main salad dressing. Let me introduce you to the game changer in the world of sauces and dressing… Dump Ranch. This is a “clean” (read: no sugar, no additives) version of the salad dressing most people love most. It takes 5 minutes to make and absolutely no crazy or expensive ingredients.
Make Ahead: The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. It will thicken in cold temperatures, so use a little water to thin it out as needed.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Avocado Oil ( or light olive oil)
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs Dill
- 1 Tbs Parsley
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Onion Powder
- 3 Garlic Clover ( for a stronger garlic flavour add another 1 – 2 cloves)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- Blend egg and oil with immersion blender, add oil in slowly. Half way through blending, add in the lemon juice
- Add in coconut milk, garlic cloves and seasoning and blend
Get your day started with Sweet Potato Avocado Toast! This healthy, Paleo, gluten-free breakfast recipe packs a healthy punch of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also a great way to get your breakfast fix while staying on plan.
The “toast” is not bread but a thinly sliced cut of sweet potato, topped with mashed avocado and then a perfectly cooked egg (either hard-boiled or poached, depending on your preference).
It’s simple and easy time-saver that tastes as good as it looks! Mmm…
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Avocado
- Egg (I like to add a sliced hardboiled egg, feel free to customize to your preference)
- Salt & Pepper, season to taste
- Place the sweet potato slice into the toaster and allow to toast on the longest setting (3 – 4 rounds, depending on strength of toaster)
- While sweet potato is toasting, mash avocado and slice egg
- Assemble, sprinkle with salt & pepper and enjoy!