This rich authentic Bolognese Sauce is super easy to make and a true Italian classic. This is a hearty and flavourful sauce that is the perfect recipe for comfort food!
Classic Bolognese sauce traditionally uses ground beef, ground veal, ground pork and often pancetta (Italian bacon). Mine uses 1lb of ground chicken, combined with 1lb of extra lean ground beef, to enhance the overall flavor and keep ingredients to a minimum.
The sauces also freezes well (perfect for a later time) and can be used in any pasta dish. For a pure Paleo option, use over a plate of spaghetti squash.
The key to a good Bolognese is to not cut corners! Blend with an immersion hand blender to make this sauce silky smooth! Mmm…
- 2 Lbs ground meat (1 lb ground chicken and 1 lb extra lean ground beef)
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans crush tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to Sautee function, pour in avocado oil.
- Add in ground meat, brown fully
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients
- Set Instant pot to High Pressure 15 min
- Quick release once completed
- Blend with immersion hand blender
- Enjoy on spaghetti, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, baked potato…..the yummy possibilities are endless….
On a plate of spaghetti squash