One of my secrets to adding more vegetables into my diet is to make a big batch of my awesome Asian Ground Chicken Stir Fry. Asian flavours with crisp veggies, and topped with creamy avocado for the perfect pairing! This delicious meal is quick and easy that takes less than 30 mins to make. Mmm…
Quick Tip – Prepare a big batch at dinner time and use the rest for a fast, pre-prepared lunch later in the week.
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bag shredded veggies mix sold at local grocery store (I prefer the brussel sprout, nappa cabbage, kohlrabi, broccoli, carrot & kale mix)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds (reserve 1 Tbs sesame seeds for garnish)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs cup coconut aminos (or you can use 2 Tbs soy sauce for non paleo option)
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in pan
- Saute onions with a sprinkle of salt until translucent
- Toss in garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant
- Add in ground chicken and cook until browned
- Stir in seasonings, coconut aminos, and veggies, cook for 5 – 7 min
- Drizzle with sesame oil and top with remaining sesame seeds and chopped green onion
- Top with sliced avocado – serve and enjoy!
Weekends are meant for letting loose and having fun – and these sweet potato nachos will help do the trick. Perfect for a Friday or Saturday night when you’re in the mood to unwind with some fun finger food, with all the fixings.
These nachos look and taste like a cheat meal, but they’re NOT. So go ahead and indulge in a grande-sized platter of nacho heaven – paleo and Whole30 approved! This is healthy twist on a classic recipe made with bold flavours that, when combined with the sweet potato, is the perfect combination to kick-start your weekend the right way.
Load these nachos up and enjoy! Mmm…
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey or beef)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup water
Toppings: Avocado, Hot Peppers, Olives, Cilantro, Franks Red Hot Sauce Original; Non paleo options – cheese and sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes and lightly coat with avocado oil.
- Place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake sweet potato for approx. 25-30 min( 15 min one side, flip and bake 10 min on other side)
- In skillet, add coconut oil, and sauté onions until translucent. Sprinkle with a ½ tsp of salt while cooking.
- Add in ground chicken, cook until browned.
- Add in minced garlic and all other spices, mix through.
- Add in water, let cook on low for 5 min and set aside.
- Once sweet potato is cooked and crisp, line on a large serving dish evenly, place ground chicken evenly on sweet potato. (or you can place on dinner plates for single servings)
- Top with toppings of choice. I like avocado, olives, hot peppers and Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Non-paleo option – add sour cream and/or cheese.
- Makes approx. 4 – 6 servings as an appetizer, or 3 servings as a dinner.