Hello 2018! It’s a new year and I’m back with a brand new recipe to share. Many of us are just getting back into the swing of things, so I thought I’d start off the year with something simple. This shredded chicken recipe is easy to make and can be used in so many different ways. It can be used in soups, on salads, in sandwiches – you name it. The chicken is moist and flavourful, and you can have it cooked and shredded in under 30 minutes.
It doesn’t get any easier than this. From taco night to bulking up salads at lunchtime, the simplicity and versatility of shredded chicken really can’t be beat. And thanks to my Instant Pot, my favourite new cooking tool, making a large quantity of shredded chicken at once is possible. Here’s how you do it. Mmm..
- 4 – 5 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place in instant pot
- Add in 2 cloves of smashed garlic
- Pour in 1 cup of liquid (I use bone broth, but you can also use water)
- Set Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 20 min
- *Slow Cooker: set to high (4 hrs) or slow (6 hrs)
- Quick release and remove chicke
- Shred and store in fridge