Get your day started with Sweet Potato Avocado Toast! This healthy, Paleo, gluten-free breakfast recipe packs a healthy punch of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also a great way to get your breakfast fix while staying on plan.
The “toast” is not bread but a thinly sliced cut of sweet potato, topped with mashed avocado and then a perfectly cooked egg (either hard-boiled or poached, depending on your preference).
It’s simple and easy time-saver that tastes as good as it looks! Mmm…
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Avocado
- Egg (I like to add a sliced hardboiled egg, feel free to customize to your preference)
- Salt & Pepper, season to taste
- Place the sweet potato slice into the toaster and allow to toast on the longest setting (3 – 4 rounds, depending on strength of toaster)
- While sweet potato is toasting, mash avocado and slice egg
- Assemble, sprinkle with salt & pepper and enjoy!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and this frittata is my secret weapon to healthy eating success. Frittatas are so versatile; you can any veggie and meat in your fridge or freezer to give it that extra punch of flavour. Individually wrap portions in advance for an easy breakfast on the go! You won’t be disappointed by making this frittata part of your weekly meal prep routine. Mmm…
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 4 cubes frozen spinach (or 1 cup fresh spinach)
- 1 turkey sausage, cooked and diced
*TIP: Add different veggies/meats each week to keep this recipe fresh and different.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray 8×11″ dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Crack all 12 eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk
- Heat coconut oil in pan and sauté veggies, season with salt and pepper
- Lay sautéed veggies into baking dish
- Pour over egg mixture
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins, until centre is firm
- Makes 8 servings