If you follow my Instagram account (shout out to @weightloss_princess82) , you may have heard the term “Dump Ranch” before and that is because I am obsessed with it. I dip vegetables and every kind of protein in it. I will also use it as my base for tuna and chicken salads.
If you stick to a Whole30 or paleo lifestyle, you can quickly grow tired of balsamic and vinegar as your main salad dressing. Let me introduce you to the game changer in the world of sauces and dressing… Dump Ranch. This is a “clean” (read: no sugar, no additives) version of the salad dressing most people love most. It takes 5 minutes to make and absolutely no crazy or expensive ingredients.
Make Ahead: The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. It will thicken in cold temperatures, so use a little water to thin it out as needed.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Avocado Oil ( or light olive oil)
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 small hand-full fresh dill
- 1 small hand-full fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 Garlic Clover ( for a stronger garlic flavour add another 1 – 2 cloves)
- 1/2 Cup water
- Blend egg and oil with immersion blender, add oil in slowly. Half way through blending, add in the lemon juice
- Add in vinegar, salt, pepper garlic cloves & fresh herbs and blend
- Add 1/2 cup water, blend
- * consistency gets thicker over night in fridge*
Salmon is an all-star favourite in my family and this baked salmon recipe is always a huge hit. It’s incredibly flavorful, flaky and juicy, and also super easy to make. My children actually eat this salmon!
Recently, I started counting macros in order to build more lean muscle. That means upping my protein intake! And this oven baked salmon is the perfect go-to meal – it tastes fancy and delicious, and is also a great option for lunch the next day on salad. And get this – it has only 1g of carbs per patty! The Dijon mustard also adds the perfect touch on top.
If you’re looking for an easy salmon recipe and want to utilize salmon more into your diet, then this recipe is for you! Mmm…
- 2 lbs fresh salmon, cut in chunks (can use frozen, ensure fully thawed prior to use)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 Tbsp bold Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
*Note: recipe yields 13 patties
- Set oven to 375F degrees.
- In food processor, combine red onion and garlic. Blend until chopped consistency.
- Add to processor chunks of salmon, eggs, dill, and all other spices. Blend a few second until combined and mushy consistency is met.
- Cover baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Form salmon patties, I measured with my 1/3 cup measureing cups for consistency.
- Bake for 20 min; flip half way though.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and dijon mustard for dipping
- The perfect low carb meal – enjoy! 🙂