Salmon is an all-star favourite in my family and this baked salmon recipe is always a huge hit. It’s incredibly flavorful, flaky and juicy, and also super easy to make. My children actually eat this salmon!
Recently, I started counting macros in order to build more lean muscle. That means upping my protein intake! And this oven baked salmon is the perfect go-to meal – it tastes fancy and delicious, and is also a great option for lunch the next day on salad. And get this – it has only 1g of carbs per patty! The Dijon mustard also adds the perfect touch on top.
If you’re looking for an easy salmon recipe and want to utilize salmon more into your diet, then this recipe is for you! Mmm…
- 2 lbs fresh salmon, cut in chunks (can use frozen, ensure fully thawed prior to use)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 Tbsp bold Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
*Note: recipe yields 13 patties
- Set oven to 375F degrees.
- In food processor, combine red onion and garlic. Blend until chopped consistency.
- Add to processor chunks of salmon, eggs, dill, and all other spices. Blend a few second until combined and mushy consistency is met.
- Cover baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Form salmon patties, I measured with my 1/3 cup measureing cups for consistency.
- Bake for 20 min; flip half way though.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and dijon mustard for dipping
- The perfect low carb meal – enjoy! 🙂
There’s nothing like fresh asparagus when it’s in season – take advantage! Asparagus is a nutritional STAR that’s high in fibre, with lots of vitamins and minerals. This recipe is so simple and fast, and a big favourite in my house. It’s great any time of year, as a quick warm snack, or as part of a lunch or dinner.
Keep this in mind – I recently read that eating soup before a meal can lead to consuming less calories overall. Another reason to love soup, right? So grab your spoon and get sippin’! Mmm …
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Lbs asparagus
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper
- 10 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
( I like to use homemade stock – check out my last blog post to learn more!)
- Prep asparagus: wash and cut and discard woody ends. Cut asparagus tips and reserve.
- Heat avocado oil and sautee leeks and garlic.
- Add in chopped carrots, potatoes and asparagus.
- Cover with chicken stock, approx 10 cups (note you can use half water and half chicken stock).
- Simmer for 20 – 25 mins.
- Add in seasonings.
- Take soup off heat and blend with immersion blender.
- Quickly steam asparagus tips in the microwave (place in micowave safe bowl, 1/4 cup water, microwave for 5 mins).
- Top soup with cooked asparagus tips.
- Serve and enjoy!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. That is why this recipe is a personal favourite. The combination of chicken with fresh crisp veggies, apples, and dates add an unexpected sweetness, while almonds add the perfect crunch! Really easy to make and great to have ready in the fridge when hunger strikes for an easy lunch or snack! Add on a salad, eat in a lettuce wrap, and very delicious on its own. Paleo and Whole30 approved! Mmm…
- Whole rotisserie chicken, skin removed (bought premade in grocery store)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 honey crisp apples, diced
- ¼ cup almonds
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 Tbs Chipotle Primal Kitchen Mayo (can use your mayo of choice)
- Remove chicken from bones and chop
- Dice carrots, celery, apples and dates
- Measure out almonds
- Combine in 3 separate batches in food processor – I add in a handful of chicken, with other ingredients in 3 batches with a bit of the mayo. Separate batches to ensure the processor is not over crowded.
- Process until combined. Be sure not to over process, you don’t want a paste!
- Place in Tupperware. I keep in fridge up to 4 days, if it lasts that long!