Get your day started with Sweet Potato Avocado Toast! This healthy, Paleo, gluten-free breakfast recipe packs a healthy punch of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also a great way to get your breakfast fix while staying on plan.
The “toast” is not bread but a thinly sliced cut of sweet potato, topped with mashed avocado and then a perfectly cooked egg (either hard-boiled or poached, depending on your preference).
It’s simple and easy time-saver that tastes as good as it looks! Mmm…
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Avocado
- Egg (I like to add a sliced hardboiled egg, feel free to customize to your preference)
- Salt & Pepper, season to taste
- Place the sweet potato slice into the toaster and allow to toast on the longest setting (3 – 4 rounds, depending on strength of toaster)
- While sweet potato is toasting, mash avocado and slice egg
- Assemble, sprinkle with salt & pepper and enjoy!