Who doesn’t love Chinese food? I know the boys in my family could eat it all day. Thanks to this recipe, now they can! Cauliflower Fried Rice is a healthy + clean take on fried rice made with cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, and sesame oil. Mmm mmm
But really…..how could cauliflower taste just like fried rice?
I am happy to report this Cauliflower Fried Rice does! My littlest, who is almost 3, doesn’t even blink an eye when I put this in front of him. Most of the time, he has 2 servings!
Try this low carb version that tastes just like the real thing and can be the perfect accompaniment to any meal! Try it with shrimp, chicken, beef, or just on it’s own!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 head of cauliflower, shredded
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C diced carrots
- 1/2 C diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs sesame seed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil and 1 tsp sesame oil, add in onions with a sprinkle of salt, sautee until translucent
- Add in garlic, carrots and celery, sautee for 3 – 5 min
- Combine shredded cauliflower
- Stir in coconut aminos and cook for a few mins
- Stir in eggs, scrambled
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp sesame oil, sesame seeds and green onion
- TIP: can add any vegetable you like, try peas, edamame for non-whole30 options