Salmon is an all-star favourite in my family and this baked salmon recipe is always a huge hit. It’s incredibly flavorful, flaky and juicy, and also super easy to make. My children actually eat this salmon!
Recently, I started counting macros in order to build more lean muscle. That means upping my protein intake! And this oven baked salmon is the perfect go-to meal – it tastes fancy and delicious, and is also a great option for lunch the next day on salad. And get this – it has only 1g of carbs per patty! The Dijon mustard also adds the perfect touch on top.
If you’re looking for an easy salmon recipe and want to utilize salmon more into your diet, then this recipe is for you! Mmm…
- 2 lbs fresh salmon, cut in chunks (can use frozen, ensure fully thawed prior to use)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 Tbsp bold Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
*Note: recipe yields 13 patties
- Set oven to 375F degrees.
- In food processor, combine red onion and garlic. Blend until chopped consistency.
- Add to processor chunks of salmon, eggs, dill, and all other spices. Blend a few second until combined and mushy consistency is met.
- Cover baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Form salmon patties, I measured with my 1/3 cup measureing cups for consistency.
- Bake for 20 min; flip half way though.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and dijon mustard for dipping
- The perfect low carb meal – enjoy! 🙂
Looks yummy…Will have to try making!! Thanks for the recipe!!