Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. That is why this recipe is a personal favourite. The combination of chicken with fresh crisp veggies, apples, and dates add an unexpected sweetness, while almonds add the perfect crunch! Really easy to make and great to have ready in the fridge when hunger strikes for an easy lunch or snack! Add on a salad, eat in a lettuce wrap, and very delicious on its own. Paleo and Whole30 approved! Mmm…
- Whole rotisserie chicken, skin removed (bought premade in grocery store)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 honey crisp apples, diced
- ¼ cup almonds
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 Tbs Chipotle Primal Kitchen Mayo (can use your mayo of choice)
- Remove chicken from bones and chop
- Dice carrots, celery, apples and dates
- Measure out almonds
- Combine in 3 separate batches in food processor – I add in a handful of chicken, with other ingredients in 3 batches with a bit of the mayo. Separate batches to ensure the processor is not over crowded.
- Process until combined. Be sure not to over process, you don’t want a paste!
- Place in Tupperware. I keep in fridge up to 4 days, if it lasts that long!